Infant Oral Exam
Early dental care helps create a solid foundation for a lifetime of healthy, happy smiles Triad Pediatric Dentistry has a special infant oral exam program that allows you to establish a great dental home early in your child’s life, much like a Pediatrician for the mouth.
Make smiles a priority from day one!
Dental care should begin by the time your baby reaches one year old, or sooner if a tooth appears. However, you can begin establishing good oral health even before your infant’s first office visit.
- Clean your baby’s gums regularly with a damp, soft cloth before teeth develop.
- Avoid using a baby bottle with sugary liquids as a pacifier at naptime. Even milk and fruit juice have sugar and acid that can begin eroding newly emerging teeth.
- When you talk to your child about dental care, use positive terms and avoid projecting your own fears.
The Best oral examinations for infants by Dr. Sona Isharani.
The infant is kept on the parent’s lap and the parent places the head of the infant on Dr. Sona’s lap
A comprehensive exam of the mouth is conducted.
As per the diagnosis, recommendations will be given to the parents.
What to expect
There are two important components to infant dental care. One is examination and treatment, if necessary, for the child. The other is education, guidance, and advice for the parents.
- We encourage parents to be present and participate.
- We normally use the “knee to knee” technique, which allows the child to sit on your lap during the examination.
- Dr. Sona will carefully examine the child’s mouth, and check for any areas of concern.
- You are encouraged to ask questions, and discuss any concerns that you may have.
Infant exams allow us to monitor your little one’s growth and development. With regular preventive care, your child may never need major dental procedures. Furthermore, if treatment is needed in the future, he or she will already know our team and feel comfortable in our office. Give us a call today and schedule an appointment. (336) 804-8668
It's never too early to take your baby to a Pedodontist / Infant Dentist : Dr. Sona J. Isharani
The advancements in dentistry have given doctors the ability to share useful information with parents about oral care.
This helps to establish a solid foundation for the child and family as a whole.
If the time has come to choose a dental home for your family, choose a place where you and your child will be treated like family. Call (336)804-8668 and arrange an appointment with Dr. Sona to start your little one on a lifetime journey of happy, healthy smiles.
Preventive Dentistry for Kids by Dr. Sona Isharani
Measure 1: Routine Cleanings.
Measure 2: Dental Examinations
Measure 3: Fluoride varnish treatment
Measure 4: X-rays to check for cavities in the back teeth.
Measure 5: Dental Sealants.