The significant advantages of dental cleanings in Greensboro, NC
Have your children had a routine teeth cleaning this year? Dental cleanings are not just for the benefit of a bright, white smile, but impact your children’s overall health as well due to the links that have been found between insufficient oral hygiene and certain diseases. Many of these diseases, such as cardiovascular disease and strokes may not be a high risk for children but establishing the habit of routine cleanings sets your children on the path to a life of proper dental hygiene. Dr. Sona Isharani and her team at Triad Pediatric Dentistry in Greensboro, NC encourage you to bring your child in for their routine teeth cleanings.
The benefits of teeth cleaning
Brushing and flossing are essential to proper oral health but scheduling twice a year cleanings will help ensure that hard to reach bacteria and plaque are properly cleaned and don’t begin to build up and cause dental issues. Here are some reasons professional cleanings are important.
- Stains which have dulled and discolored your teeth can be removed, revealing white, sparkling teeth.
- Teeth cleanings can prevent gum disease and early tooth loss.
- Many Americans (studies have shown one per hour) die from oral cancer every single day. Many of these cancers are avoidable (and some curable) if detected at an early stage. Routine cleanings allow your dentist to detect early signs.
- Strong links exist between gum and cardiovascular diseases. Regular cleanings will help prevent gum disease and reduce your chances of a heart attack.
- Regular cleanings allow your dentist to detect any early signs or problems such as fractures or broken fillings.
- Many dental insurance plans cover dental cleanings 100 percent. Not only will you not be spending money on a cleaning, but you’ll avoid future dental expenses caused by poor oral hygiene.
Regular cleanings and exams allow Dr. Isharani to compare the state of your oral health to previous visits and to detect any early symptoms pointing to larger issues. If your dental health is moving in the wrong direction, Dr. Isharani can get you back on track and heading in the right direction. Please give Triad Pediatric Dentistry a call today at (336) 804-8668 today to schedule your child’s dental cleaning.