The importance and benefits of kids receiving a white composite tooth filling in Greensboro, NC
As a parent, you want your child’s emerging teeth to provide a beautiful, happy smile while avoiding dental complications. Even with proper care, tooth decay can happen and, when it does, choosing a dental filling is essential to the structure, health and beauty of your child’s tooth. Without treatment, your child’s tooth decay will progress and can lead to several more complicated dental issues. Dr. Sona Isharani leads a skilled team at Triad Pediatric Dentistry and offers attractive, tooth-colored fillings for kids in need.
Dr. Isharani offers attractive tooth-colored fillings that will correct your child’s tooth decay while providing a cosmetic solution at the same time. With a tooth-colored composite filling, nobody will be able to tell that a filling has been put in place. The material used for these fillings offers several benefits, including:
- Composite material can bond directly to the tooth and provide long-term wear and reduce any chance of leakage
- Temperature-related sensitivity will not be an issue as composite material is a weak thermal conductor
- Mercury-free and 100 percent safe for children
- A larger portion of the tooth can be preserved due to composite material not requiring as much room as an amalgam filling
The importance of composite fillings
Making sure your child receives a dental filling to stop any progression of tooth decay is incredibly important to long-term dental health. Getting a dental filling placed provides immediate benefits, including:
- Any discomfort related to a cavity caused by tooth decay will cease
- Restoration of your child’s tooth structure will reduce potential for breakage
- Preventing decay progression will prevent more severe tooth decay and/or infection. When left untreated, more invasive treatments such as a root canal or dental crown may be required.
Your child’s developing dental health is especially critical in the early years. If you are looking for a pediatric dentist who you can trust to treat your children with compassion and top-quality treatment, then please call Dr. Sona Isharani at Triad Pediatric Dentistry today at (336) 804-8668 for an appointment.Back to White Fillings Page