Parents are learning about the benefits of specialized pediatric dentistry near Summerfield NC
Pediatric dentists dedicate themselves to the oral health of children aged from infancy through teens. Dr. Sona Isharani and her team at Triad Pediatric Dentistry in Summerfield, NC have the experience and qualifications required to treat and care a youth’s mouth, teeth and gums throughout all the phases of childhood. Beginning from when a baby’s first tooth cuts through the gums (around 6 months to a year of age), Dr. Isharani will provide gentle and personalized pediatric dental care for your child. Developing great relationships with each child is very important to the team at Triad Pediatric and they take great pride in the care they provide.
What Kind of Training Do Pediatric Dentists Have?
A pediatric dentist will have accomplished (at minimum) the following training:
- 4 years of completed dental school
- An additional 2 year of residency training to treat infants, children and teens
Treatments Provided by a Pediatric Dentist
Much like adult dentists, a pediatric dentist will offer a well rounded comprehensive slate of services as well as specialized treatments catered to children. Some services pediatric dentists provide include:
- Oral examinations for infants
- Preventative dental care. This includes cleanings and nutritional counseling
- Counseling on habits including (for example) pacifier use or thumb sucking
- Bite assessment so that any issues can be caught early and an improper bite can be treated
- Cavity and tooth defect repair
- Gum disease management
- Dental injury care including (for example) fractured, cracked or chipped teeth
Top Quality Care for Children
Special skill sets are required for treating children. Children can be impatient and uncooperative during exams. Pediatric dentists have the training in dealing with these situations while still providing the best care for your child. Many pediatric dentists will utilize tools designed with children in mind. A pediatric dentist will guide your child down a road aimed at lifelong dental success.
Finding a pediatric dentist you can trust your child with is a huge step on the road to dental health. If you are interested in learning more about how Dr. Isharani and the team at Triad Pediatric Dentistry can serve your child’s dental needs, please call (336) 804-8668 today!Back to Home Page